Our department embodies excellence, inspiration and empowerment in caring for the patients. Staff of the various specialties are world leading experts in their respective fields.
We seek to attain the highest standard in clinical service, teaching and research in medicine so as to become a centre of excellence regionally and internationally.
- To maintain and further develop clinical service by providing superior patient care, by always striving to remain a leading referral centre for patients, by promoting the development and implementation of innovative advances in clinical management, and by contributing to the improvement of primary health care in the community, including public health education
- To encourage and improve upon postgraduate and continuing medical education and training as well as to promote leadership in subspecialty training and development
- To nurture and augment excellence in research in clinical medicine and pertinent basic sciences, focusing particularly on several areas of our strengths with emphasis on multidisciplinary and collaborative approach.
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Geriatric Medicine
- Haematology, Medical Oncology & Haemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Respiratory Medicine
- Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology
Related link: Department of Medicine - HKU